Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Marshmallow Treats Birthday Cake

Last year, we surprised Mary (yes, I am all about surprising the people I love) with an early birthday party. Along with her surprise was a cake made of marshmallow treats.

I used two different sized pans, since I wanted the two layers to be different diameters. The bottom layer was made using a spring form pan. It was difficult getting the marshmallow treats off the bottom of the pan afterward. Next time, I'll remember to use parchment paper. For the top layer, I only had a cake pan. So, I lined the bottom and sides of that with parchment paper.

Once again, I was rushing so it was tricky getting the paper off of the treats before it had time to cool.

I used a silicone mold for the star and stuck a wooden chopstick to make it into a wand and the writing was done with milk chocolate.

The funny thing is... Mary hates girly, princess stuff.

Marshmallow Treats

6 tablespoons of butter
1 package of marshmallows (I prefer the large ones)
6 cups of crispy rice cereal

Butter a 9 x 13 baking pan. In a large saucepan, melt the butter on low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted. Turn heat off and stir in cereal. Pour contents into buttered baking pan. Press down until evenly distributed in pan. Allow to cool completely before cutting into 2 inch squares.

24 servings.




1 comment:

Miss Mary said...

Who the hell is this sexy bitch? And what's that she's wearing? "A gift from a loved one?"