Thursday, August 14, 2008

Raisin Swirl Bread

One of the things that I really enjoy eating for breakfast is cinnamon raisin toast or a cinnamon raisin bagel. So, I really wanted to try this recipe when I saw it.

This is yet another recipe from Baking: From My Home to Yours (I think the majority of recipes shown here will be from this book for awhile). This book, while it's my first baking book, is turning out to be my baking bible.

This is my first attempt at baking a yeast bread, and I have to say: it was backbreaking work! What I thought would only be an hour or two to make, turned out to really be half a days worth. Once the dough is kneaded (my stand mixer fitted with a dough hook came in handy for this job), needs to proofed, then chilled, rolled out, and once it's in the bread pan, proofed again. But, the results were well worth it and I was extremely proud of myself when I saw the final product.

I really liked eating this bread toasted with cream cheese or just plain by itself. I let the loaf cool completely and sliced it. I put the whole thing into the freezer where it kept really well, but it was gone in less than a week anyhow.

Recipe coming soon.

2 comments:

Elisha Nichole said...

OK so I had this bread at work, it smelled up the whole floor and everyone was hella jealous. I finally agreed to give my co worker a bite and he actually bit off my piece of bread instead of using his hands or a knife. Um . . . I don't know you like that homie. Besides I didn't want to share in the first place.

Marvin said...

Nice job on the bread.