Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Banana Cupcakes with Honey Cinnamon Frosting

Elisha sent me this recipe in the good old fashion postal mail last week.

I hadn't been keeping the promise to myself that I would try one new recipe a week, so I decided that this cupcake would be the subject of my first "official" blog.

The recipe was torn out of Martha Stewart's Everyday Food magazine, but you can also find the recipe online here.

I followed the recipe exactly but, instead of adding fresh banana as a topping, I caramelized the slices in butter and sugar. The cupcake looks dense like a muffin on the inside, but is quite moist and fluffy once you take a bite.

Phil doesn't pay anyone a lot of compliments, but I take it as one that he already ate 2 tonight. Don't worry Lisha, I'm saving you one.

3 comments:

Jason said...

you're making phil fat...good job.

Elisha Nichole said...

I was gonna say . . ."Where's Mine!" Good looking out Syl.

Miss Mary said...

It's noteworthy to mention that if you use a foil cupcake liner, you can use it as a mirror after you've finished the tasty treat.

Recycle. Re-use. Reduce.