Saturday, April 12, 2008

WD-40 for Cakes


No, this blog isn't about mayo.  

Tonight is my brother's 35th birthday party and, as promised, every person I know is getting a giant cupcake on their birthday this year.   (Refer to Birthday Cupcake blog in March).  I came across Angie Pangies' Professional Style Pan Release on tastespotting.com and decided that I'd use this goo instead of greasing and flouring the pan the old fashion style.  

The grease was easy to make and stores at room temperature or in the fridge for a few months, so you won't have to make it every time you bake.  Simply brush it onto the pan before pouring the batter in.  The top and bottom to my giant cupcake popped right out.  No sticking at all.  I'm really excited I found the recipe for this goop!  

1 comment:

Miss Mary said...

This doesn't look appetizing at all.