Friday, May 2, 2008

Homemade Samoas

This weekend is Jennifer's wedding and tomorrow we're making all the flower arrangements for the big day. Our Aunt Danette suggested that we each bake some cookies so that we have something to snack on while we work.

I've been wanting to try this recipe for
Homemade Samoas for a couple months now because Samoas are my all time favorite Girl Scout cookies. I go on a hunt from them every year and last year I couldn't find any Girl Scouts selling cookies in the city and I almost had them deliver boxes to my house. It's probably a dangerous thing that I found a way where I can have these cookies all year round.

The recipe calls for a 1 1/2 inch cookie cutter, but mine were slightly bigger. So, my cookies are bigger than what you'll normally find. Eating one of my cookies is probably like eating two regular
Samoas (and that's definitely not a bad thing). This recipe uses caramel candies, but I've seen others where you can make your own caramel from scratch.

I liked very much how these came out and I think they really taste like the real thing.

1 comment:

Elisha Nichole said...

Where's the recipe? Don't hold back on us blog lady! I have a feeling these will be key in my plot for world domination.

"What are we going to do today pinky?"

"Same this we do everyday . . .try and take over the world!"

Where better to start than with the takedown of the girl scouts. Cookie hoarding brats I tell ya!