Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Peanut Butter Hazelnut Brownies

On the 4th of July Greg invited us to hang out at his place. My mother raised me right and taught me to always bring something when you are a guest at someone's house. Since I didn't want to go to the store, I decided to make something with the stuff I had at home.

These Peanut Butter Hazelnut Brownies have peanut butter and Nutella (Mmmmm...). I followed the directions exactly and they were underdone so if you make them give them longer than 30 minutes and keep checking on them. Remember, the toothpick test doesn't quite work with brownies. They should still be a little wet in the middle, but of course if the tester comes out covered in batter, it's probably not done.

I have to say, these brownies were really good and if I didn't use up all the Nutella I had, I'd make these again... and soon. I was originally looking for a peanut butter swirl brownie, mostly because they look and taste good. These don't have any swirls in them, which is why I overlooked the recipe at first, but you definitely taste it in there.

Can someone tell me why brownies get the crackled skin on top and cake doesn't?

2 comments:

Jason said...

You two are getting fat!!!

Unknown said...

damnit why don't we live together anymore. this looks really good