Saturday, May 1, 2010

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes

It's been awhile since I've baked anything.  With moving and traveling to Japan for 2 weeks, there just hasn't been much time.  So, I started to get an itch and busted out Martha's Cupcakes.  Snickerdoodle cupcakes were all I could make without having to make a run to the store.

The cake is cinnamon flavored and the topping is a Seven Minute Frosting, which I've never tried making before.  It's like a marshmallow topping and from what I've read, it also takes to toasting so it would be good for something like a S'mores Cupcake.  Each cupcake is also dusted with cinnamon sugar.  

I made a dozen mini cupcakes and about 2 dozen regular.  The minis I shared with an upcoming client and a dozen I brought to a friend.  Yeah, it pays to know me.

The flavor was very simple, but good.  How can you go wrong with cinnamon and sugar?  You can't.

The recipes for both the cupcakes and the frosting can be found here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you frost the cupcake like that? What tip/ technique did you use? Thanks.

Unknown said...

I used a plain Ateco tip #809. The recipe from the link actually gives you instructions on how to pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes but basically, you just pipe the frosting and pull straight up!

Thanks for looking!