Thursday, June 5, 2008

Toffee Peanuts

I needed inspiration for new recipes to try so I started asking my friends what their favorite treats are. So, the month of June is dedicated to my friend's favorites.
Mary isn't a huge sweets fan so she didn't say what her favorite sweet is but I know she LOVES toffee coated peanuts.

I found the recipe on recipezaar.com. The only thing I did differently was to salt the nuts right when they came out of the oven because I found them to be a little under seasoned. As the peanuts cooled, the flavor became stronger and tastier! I probably have little candy bits stuck in my teeth as we speak.

Toffee Peanuts

Ingredients
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups unsalted dry roasted peanuts

Directions
1. In large bowl, combine sugar, butter, corn syrup, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Add peanuts, toss to coat. Transfer to 15x10x1 inch baking pan.

2. Bake at 300 for 20-25 minutes or until bubble and golden brown, stirring once. Be sure to keep an eye on these. Cool on wire rack; break apart if necessary. Store in an airtight container.

2 comments:

Miss Mary said...

Oh man...LOVE toffee covered peanuts.









p.s. Psssst! Sylvia! I think there's shit in the back of the classroom...

Elisha Nichole said...

If teaching doesn't work out, you should go into baking. If that doesn't work you should go into food photography. Seriously, my computer screen has drool on it.